A Shorten Labor Government will invest over $115,000 to fund capital projects to support local public schools and improve learning environments for students.
In Cunningham, a Shorten Labor Government would deliver:
- $38,000 towards covered walkways at Woonona East Public School
- $20,000 towards upgrading the performance space at Woonona High School
- $25,000 towards upgrading the covered outdoor learning area at Corrimal East Public School
- $20,000 towards spectator seating at Austinmer Public School
- $12,925 towards upgrading the hall at Bulli High School
This commitment is on top of the $18 million extra investment in schools in Cunningham over the first three years of Labor’s Fair Go For Schools Plan.
Over the last five years the Liberals have attacked public schools and slashed their funding. They’ve let down the 2.5 million kids who go to public schools.
Federal Labor will also introduce a new two year National Preschool and Kindy Program guaranteeing around 700,000 Australian children a year will be able to access subsidised preschool.
A Shorten Labor Government will also make sure every child has access to swimming and water safety lessons in primary school.
A Shorten Labor Government will deliver the biggest investment in public schools in Australian history, so every child in every school gets the education they deserve.