A Shorten Labor Government will provide $80,000 towards major resurfacing and drainage works for Helensburgh Netball Club if elected on 18 May.
This election will be a choice between a Shorten Labor Government with a plan for the services our community needs, or more of the Liberals’ cuts and chaos.
Helensburgh Netball Club has a proud 35-year history of netball in Helensburgh. They currently have 150 children aged between five and 17 playing for the Club. Court surfaces at the club have worn very thin, with weeds growing through and the surface is extremely slippery when it rains.
The courts haven’t been resurfaced for almost a decade – since 2010 when Federal Labor provided $50,000 in funding for two new courts, basic resurfacing and $6,500 to complete the Club House.
Helensburgh Netball Club has been forced to cancel the weekly Ladies competition because the courts were too dangerous to run competition netball, impacting 180 local women.
To date, Labor has announced almost $140 million in local commitments for Cunningham:
- $50 million for Maldon Dombarton Rail Link.
- $55 million for safety upgrades to the Appin Road and construction of a koala pass for rare local koala colony.
- $13.5 million for the University of Wollongong – including $10 million for Facility of Intelligent Fabrication, $1 million to establish the 3D BioPrinting Facility and $2.5 million to fund the Early Start Discovery Bus.
- $18 million in extra funding for local public schools.
- Reopening the Warrawong Centrelink and Medicare Office.
- $2 million towards upgrading the netball facilities at Berkeley’s Fred Finch Park.
- $57,000 for industrial fans for Greenacres.
- $20,000 to fitout an outdoor workspace for Coniston Multicultural Men’s Shed.
- $80,000 to Mt Keira Men’s Shed for a tractor.
- $35,000 to Mt Keira Scout Camp for a new water treatment and purification system.
- $20,000 for Illawarra One Door Mental Health.
After six years of cuts and chaos under the Liberals, Labor is ready to support and invest in our local regions and communities.