7 May 2013
The awards showcase excellence in skills training and workforce development.
Federal Minister for Skills Sharon Bird encouraged people to enter.
“This is a fantastic opportunity for businesses and organisations to achieve recognition for their hard work,” Minister Bird said.
“The awards also add to the national drive to improve our skills base, by rewarding best practice.
“This is the 20th year of the Australian Training Awards and I encourage nominations across all 18 categories.”
One company that benefitted from being a 2012 winner was telecommunications company Comstar Systems from Hobart, which was the Small Employer of the Year.
“For Comstar Systems and all our staff, the win at the national level was phenomenal,” Comstar Human Resources Manager Ian Bowden said.
“Being known as the Small Employer of the Year – the best in Australia – is just reward for concentrating on our people and their skills.”
Of the 18 award categories, seven accept applications directly with the remainder nominated from state and territory training awards programs.
To apply for the Australian Training Awards visit www.australiantrainingawards.gov.au or phone 13 38 73.
Entries close at the end of May; winners will be announced at a ceremony in November.
Australian Training Awards Categories:
For businesses, secondary schools and registered training organisations:
• School Pathways to VET Award
• Skills for Sustainability - Educational Institution Award
• International Training Provider of the Year Award
• Australian Apprenticeships - Employer Award
• Small Employer of the Year Award
• Employer of the Year Award
• Small Training Provider of the Year Award
• Large Training Provider of the Year Award
• Industry Collaboration Award
• Leadership in VET Quality Award
• Excellence in Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice Award
• Lifetime Achievement Award
• Australian School-based Apprentice of the Year Award
• Vocational Student of the Year Award
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year Award
• Australian Apprentice (Trainee) of the Year Award
• Australian Apprentice of the Year Award
• VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year Award